Rely on the most trusted source in aviation training with ASA’s Prepware software for your FAA Knowledge Exam. More than a “question and answer” recounting of test questions, it combines a powerful software program with the accurate and instructional material you expect from ASA. Prepware gives you the tools and confidence needed to ace the test.
ASA Prepware includes the contents of the Computer Testing Supplement, with the same FAA legends, figures, and full-color charts you’ll be issued at the testing center—to help you become familiar with all available information before you take your official test. You can count on ASA to keep up with changes in the FAA Knowledge Exams with free updates available both online and through an email Update subscription service. ASA’s Private Pilot Prepware is the pilot’s best resource for successful test-taking.
Explore Prepware Software by clicking the Try Before You Buy link to the right, and run the Demo FREE of charge. Once you purchase Prepware Download: Private Pilot, you will receive an email with your activation code to unlock the software for full functionality.
Use Prepware 2014: Private Pilot Software Download for the following Knowledge Exams:
- Recreational Pilot - Airplane
- Recreational Pilot - Helicopter
- Recreational Pilot - Gyroplane
- Private Pilot - Airplane
- Private Pilot - Helicopter
- Private Pilot - Gyroplane
- Private Pilot - Glider
- Private Pilot - Balloon - Hot Air
- Private Pilot - Balloon - Gas
- Private Pilot - Airship
- Private Pilot - Powered Parachute
- Private Pilot - Weight-Shift Control
- Private Pilot Airplane/Recreational Pilot - Transition
- Private Pilot Gyroplane/Recreational Pilot - Transition
- Private Pilot Helicopter/Recreational Pilot - Transition
- Private Pilot Canadian Conversion
"Even as I studied for the first hour after I installed the ASA Prepware on my home computer last night, I felt a sense of new found confidence, both in my ability to succeed on the FAA test and to be a safer and more competent Private Pilot. Thank you sincerely!”
— Carole, Anchorage AK
"ASA training products are second to none! I’ve used the DVD ground school courses as my core training for both the Private Pilot and Instrument Pilot ratings. I passed both written FAA tests with very high scores, and a strong understanding of the subject matter. The knowledgeable ASA instructors and their Teaching techniques made the learning easy and fun. Thanks ASA!”
— Hollis Dickerson – Private Pilot with Instrument Rating
"Today I achieved a dream of many years: I became a Private Pilot. There are a number of people I need to thank for their support, and that certainly includes Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc. Your Private Pilot Prepware was excellent and was one of the key resources I used in preparing for my written and oral exams. I scored a 95 on my written, and my oral exam also went extremely well. I just wanted to thank you for a great product and great after-purchase support. Thanks, again, for helping me achieve a life goal."
— Curtis M. Wall, McDonough, Georgia
"I used Prepware to prepare for my private helicopter knowledge test. The strategy that I used was to take a Prepware test, and then create a study session using the questions that I missed. I continued with this strategy until I could consistently score in the 90s on my practice tests. Once I achieved this, I scheduled and took the FAA exam. I was a bit anxious before starting the test, but once I saw the questions, I knew that I had been well served in using Prepware. I scored a 93% on the FAA test. My goal is to become a commercially rated, professional helicopter pilot. After this experience with Prepware, I will absolutely continue using it to prepare for all my future exams. Thanks!"
"I used the Private Pilot Prepware ’08 to review for my written exam. As a college professor, I wouldn’t allow myself to memorize any of the questions. I worked through all the questions several times to become familiar with the testing format and studied the material that I missed or didn’t understand. Everything was by self-study and was reinforced by reading several instructional texts. I took the test yesterday and scored 100%. I currently only have 7 hours of lessons in my log book, but I wanted to get the written out of the way. This software allowed me to work through the material efficiently and effectively and was quite easy to use. Highly recommended!"
— Timothy Steele, Ph.D., Des Moines, Iowa
Prepware 2014 Features:
- Software replicates what you see when taking the official FAA exam.
- Questions supported with explanations for correct and incorrect answers, FAA references for further study, and airman test report codes for remedial study.
- CX-2 electronic flight computer is built into the program and accessible with a click of a button.
- Review the questions you missed for an on-track learning program; performance graphs track your overall test scores and results in each subject.
- Access Prepware online, anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Receive your test authorization (endorsement) from your instructor or ASA to take the official FAA test.
- Make and save notes while you study.
- Google-like search functions let you locate a word, phrase, or LSC in the entire database of questions, answers, and explanations.
- Educators can create subject-specific pop quizzes or full-length practice exams for students to take electronically or on paper.
- Download and automatically update the software so you're always using the most current information available.
- Free email subscription service keeps you informed of test changes.
Pass your test and know what is essential to become a safe, competent pilot—from the most trusted source in aviation training.