A complete on-demand LMS (Learning Management System) for instructors and schools, and comprehensive preparation for the FAA Knowledge Exam and the cockpit for students. From the Cloud, to you and your students. Anytime. Anywhere. On any internet-connected device.
This on-demand solution from ASA provides instructors with the tools to monitor, manage and support students in acquiring the aeronautical knowledge required to become safe and competent pilots. Includes unlimited instructor accounts and 2 student accounts. Additional student accounts can be purchased and added to your organization as needed.
Instructors have the ability to:
- add new students to your course
- email students individually or as a whole
- monitor student progress as they proceed through the ASA online ground school
- transfer them to another instructor within your organization
Additional resources include ASA’s CX-2 flight computer and completely searchable FAR|AIM.
At the core of the ASA Online Ground School is ASA’s time-tested and trusted content, ensuring students will gain the aeronautical knowledge required to become safe and competent pilots. Organization of the course makes it effective for self-study or as an easy addition to any Part 61 or 141 instructor-led ground school. Approved for FAA Wings credits, the comprehensive curriculum consists of lessons featuring internet-based evaluation, resources, and course tracking, supported with professional multi-media presentations from the leaders in aviation training.
Students will experience a rich learning environment where they can Read, Watch, Practice and Prepare using a host of comprehensive ASA resources.
Course Contents: Introduction, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Systems, Flight Instruments, Regulations, Procedures and Airport Operations, Weather, Weather Services, Aircraft Performance, Enroute Flight, Navigation, Communication Procedures, and Test Tips. Also included: on-screen CX-2 Flight Computer and fully-searchable FAR/AIM.
Access the Private Pilot Online Ground School on all your internet-connected devices for the ultimate in flexibility. Login from your desktop, laptop, netbook, smart phone, iPad or other tablet computer.
"I just took and passed the written test. I used this program and it did a great job getting me ready. Thanks for a thorough and easy to understand program."
—Mario - South Easton, MA
How does it work and what do I get?
- At the end of the Checkout process you'll see a "Click to Download" link. Click this link to view and/or download the Online Ground School License Agreement.
- Then, watch your Inbox for 2 e-mails from ASA: One is your Order Confirmation, the other will have your Online Ground School Administrator Activation Code and instructions on how to activate and log in.
- You'll also be sent two physical Private Pilot Online Ground School notebooks containing your two student activation codes and plenty of pages for your students to take notes, use as a journal, or just help organize their training. Each Notebook also contains a copy of the FAA Student Pilot Guide (FAA-H-8083-27A), a great resource which answers a student pilot's most frequently asked questions.
- The course includes unlimited instructor accounts and 2 student accounts. (Additional student accounts can be purchased and added as needed.)